Self Doubt: The Biggest Killer of Your Dreams

I asked. You bravely answered. And I was blown away.

A few weeks ago, I sent out a survey asking my Jacquie Straight Up subscribers to tell me about the single biggest challenge they are facing.

I am in awe of the responses. They were real, raw, and intensely personal. Thank-you to those who honored me with your honesty.

On today’s very special episode of Jacquie Straight Up, I open up about the survey, and share a topic that many asked me to address: how to believe in yourself and conquer self-doubt.

We all deal with self doubt. There’s no denying it. But here’s the real kicker:

Self doubt is the biggest killer of dreams.

If you’re like every other human on the planet — and the hundreds of women who said self doubt was the biggest challenge they are facing — you won’t want to miss today’s episode.

You’ll learn my tried-and-true formula for beating negativity and moving towards your full potential. Click above to watch.

Self-doubt stems from our negative self-talk — the thousands of little voices we hear every day that say we aren’t strong enough. Not smart enough. Not thin enough. Not rich enough. Not pretty enough.

So how do we get rid of the negativity and self doubt?

It all starts by being AWARE of it, and then making the conscious choice to replace it with something positive.

Replace the negative reasons why you can’t, with all the reasons why you can.

I personally use power mantras to kick the doubt and bolster my self confidence. Here’s the thing: mantras are much more powerful and stronger than most people believe.

So today, whatever it is that you need to tell yourself to fight self doubt, I encourage you to just do it. And do it. And keep doing it every day with power and with strength.

Tell yourself how friggin’ great you are. How smart you are. How strong you are. Say it out loud and with conviction and say it over and over again. This stuff works, but you gotta do it!

Together, let’s start killing self doubt, so it no longer kills our dreams.

If you’ve enjoyed today’s video, please click the like button and share with your friends. Information like this can change lives.

After you’ve watched, I’d love to know how you are dealing with your own self doubt. Do you use mantras and affirmations? If not will you give it a try? What are some of your own power mantras you use to fight negativity? Feel free to share in the comments section below.

Sending love and strength,
Jacquie
xo

Loving this content?
Sign-up for free updates

• This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Read the comments or add yours

1. Cherenne

Hi Jacquie, I was wondering where you are from, South Africa by any chance? (Your accent has me thinking that.) I just want to say, I really enjoy your messages. I have been my own soul mate for 7 years now and I love the freedom. You are spot on with your message on self doubt. Thank you for sharing.

• Jacquie

Hey Cherenne – Yes, I grew up in KwaZulu/Natal… I have now lived in North America almost as long – time flies! Thrilled to hear you are your own soul mate and doing well – Kudos! And so glad you enjoy what I put out – Thank you!

2. Joey Cooke

Thank you. For now I am gonna’ do it. This is really helpfull.

• Jacquie

You are welcome Joey and yes, go for it. What you say to yourself is more powerful than anything else.

3. Bess

Thanks Jacquie. This is what I needed to hear today.

• Jacquie

Awesome Bess!

4. Candice

Jacquie, what you talk about is so true. What we say to ourselves makes all the difference in the world. My favorite mantra is “DO IT NOW.”

• Jacquie

Great one Candice – Say it over and over again, out loud and with passion!

5. Georgia

Perfect morning to listen to this inspiring message. After being let go from work a couple of months ,ago and fighting getting motivated each day, today is the day when I will get out there and get things done! Thanks.

6. Jacquie

Awesome Georgia! I am sorry to hear about the loss of your job. Such things are tough but you know that you have the POWER to turn things around. Here are some mantras for you to try:
    “I am a valuable employee” “I am smart, worthy and successful” “Yes I can”
    Sending you strength and wishing you much success!

7. matshediso

Oh my what a small world,I too I’m from South Africa,Bloemfontein…well Jacqueline what a great message hey,thanks a lot,it has really uplifted me up

8. Jacquie

Fantastic Matshediso! And I am so thrilled the message resonated with you – Thank you!

9. Christian

Wow! so amazing! I happen to go on your website and what do I see a link to Self Doubt: biggest killer of your dreams. I am starting a new job this Tuesday and I am so fearful of not meeting their expectations. My heart is racing and it’s not even Tuesday! I was trying to think positive but the self doubt was getting the best of me. Then I watched your video and thought I can do this! I will think positive.I can do this. I am the right person for this job…. Thanks Jacquie!

• Jacquie

Thank you Christian! What an awesome comment! You are doing the right thing and the right job will come your way – Congrats!

10. Rose

Wow. Thank you for sharing that. Thank you. Thank You! Thank YOU!!!

• Jacquie